"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

So much to get ready

Saturday, July 10, 2010
Well today is the day Renee' and I go on our first camping expedition. Renee' is still asleep. I've had my shower, put a load of clothes in the washer and started getting things together for our overnight stay in a cabin. If it were just me, I could probably make it on a peanut-butter/jelly sandwich, crackers, and water. But, Renee' cannot be without all her sustenance of life. So ham, cheese, bread, tomato, lettuce, mustard, chips, dip - that's her 4:30 meal. Then hotdogs, rolls, mustard, onions, ketchup, baked beans - that for our 7:00 supper. Hot chocolate, chocolate chip cookies - snack food. Sorry Renee' - no popcorn this Saturday night, or I guess I buy a bag of ready made for her to have. Milk, orange juice, cereal - that Sunday breakfast - and I packed eggs (and hotdogs) for a cooked breakfast. A little cooking oil (I wish I had a small jar for that), some jelly beans, nuts, coffee, sweet'n low - oh yes and a couple of mugs for the hot drinks. Ice, water, paper towels, clothes, bowls, utensils, the Coleman stove, sleeping bags, pillows, and most important Renee's DVD player. She likes to watch Hawaii Five-O, Matlock, and Miami Vice when she doesn't have her TV. I was going to take my guitar but I don't believe there will be room. For one night I can leave Sadie Girl and Poohdinkle at home - but where will I put them when we go for two nights?

There has to be a simpler way! Hope there's room in the car for me and Renee'. Oh yes, a card table - the cabin has only bunk beds. Oh and my fishing gear. I just hope we make it, I know we won't starve but I may need a vacation after packing and unpacking all this.

I'll tell you all about it when I get back, unpack, take a shower, and rest a minute or two. /Bunch

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Renee needs a separate car just for her food.