"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Flow

July 9, 2010
I really like it when life flows. One thing leads to another and everything just feels in place and purposeful. It seems my life is an ebb and flow of happenings, creativity, new ideas, boredom, feeling displaced, liking to be alone to feeling lonely. After a time, when I relax my thinking and quit trying so hard or worrying about what to do, the flow takes over.

I have listened to many audio books. I like to read that way because as a typist in my job, when I "read", I am actually editing for errors and not retaining what I'm reading. As I listen to books, I can visualize the scenes and the people, even the expressions on their faces.

Today while on a smoking break at work, I was listening to one of my books and a phrase caught my attention. You see lately I've been in the waiting phase to see what to do next. In the book, the author wrote "Many Doves (an Indian) sat by the hearth hooking a rug." My mind registered that as if it was being told to me - hook rugs! So I went back to my office and googled rug hooking.

I found a site on You-Tube about hooking rugs by Deanne Fitzpatrick. It was so motivating to me, so inspirational to my creativity, I looked at her website. The flow was in progress. Then I found that she had an audio book (yeah!!) about creativity, life, inspiration, etc. I ordered it and sure enough it was just what I needed. I may or may not hook many wall hangings, but it is encouraging to know that if you relax, the flow will lead you to the next step along your life's path.

I'll post of picture of my first hooking piece of art.

2 comments:

geewits said...

I hadn't hooked a rug in ages and started working on a Christmas rug last year, but the osteoarthritis in my thumb became inflamed so I had to stop. I used to like doing it though.

Bunch's Place said...

Renee' has done many latchhook kits, she sort of got tired of it. This hooking is different than latchhook. I'll started one last night, used a crochet hook until my real hook comes in the mail. There is not a store in this area that sells rug hooking supplies! Thank goodness for the internet. I think I'll add a picture of my beginnings.