"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Monday, July 19, 2010

BBQ saga continues

7-19-10: It must have been the environment - while camping, I cooked on charcoal beautifully! So, yesterday I went by the store and bought more of those "quick grills" - Renee and I wanted some BBQ chicken to try out the BBQ sauce recipe that Jeff and Ginny emailed to me. So, I put some charcoal in my little aluminum grill, poured on some liter fluid, the fluid flamed, but soon died. I knew I was to wait for the charcoal to turn grey, but went ahead and put some of marianated wings on the grill. A few sizzle sounds, a little flame occasionally, but I could tell that this was not going to work. I took out my quick grill, lit it, but it would not hold all the wings at one time. After about an hour of trying to be patient and not accept the fact that the chicken was not cooking - and Renee' and I might die of starvation!! - I left a few pieces on the quick grill, took the rest wrapped in foil and put them in the little oven in the house - we will be having those for supper tonight. The sauce was good! I believe that charcoal was old, and now that I think about it, the liter fluid has been outside on the deck for a few years, and I bet it had water in it.

This weekend is the big camping trip. Sharon and Jessica are going with Renee' and me. They also bought them a really pretty kayak. I'll post a picture here as soon as I get it. It is yellow and last I heard it will be called "Butterfly" because unknowing to each other, Jessica and I both thought of that name - how cool is that - Bunch and Little Bunch - great minds think alike!

/Bunch

1 comment:

geewits said...

Sorry you had trouble with your grill. I have a gas grill and my trick with BBQ chicken is to get a good external sear on the chicken and then finish it in the oven, putting the sauce on at the end. I hope this weekend will be great and I look forward to the pics!