"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

First two hookings


7-17-10 Saturday.
A couple of weeks ago I decided to try hooking rugs or mats or just pictures. I have finished two, not yet bound. As you know, I already had lots of yarn and hoops, so I used a crochet hook and quilting hoop. I also found a blog Rug Hooking Daily that I will be posting all about my hooking and needle works, but will also include some finished pieces here. The one with vases is the one I was working on when Renee' took my picture on our camping trip. /Bunch


2 comments:

weaverpat said...

Both pieces look great! Can't believe you did them with a crochet hook. I'd think that's not easy on the hands!

Bunch's Place said...

You're right Pat. Hopefully I will receive my real hook from Deanne Fitzpatrick this week - tomorrow would be great. The burlap also was a little rough on the hands, so when I get my linen-burlap and start working with a stand, it will be much better. I am so excited, can't wait.