"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

My "studio"

July 10, 2010, Saturday. While Renee' is sleeping, clothes are drying, and I'm waiting for the store to open, I took some photos of my living room - "studio". I live in a small house, about 950 sq. ft. I have about 2 million square feet of art/hobby supplies. I have my "little house" and "barn" out back and they are both full of things. So, my living room had to be transformed into the place where keep my stuff.

This is the beginning of my first rug hooking. If you have seen my art on facebook, you know I like to paint vases. So, vases it will be. You see I think vases are like people - they come in all sizes, shapes, colors, old, new, beautiful, worn - but you can't know what's inside by looking at the surface.

Some of the yarn I prepared for my rug hooking.


A frame knitting project I'm working on. When not in use as a knitting table, it is where I put puzzles together.



My living room studio. It contains my supplies for quilting, sewing, puzzles, egg dying, gourd designs, beadwork, knit/crochet, rug hooking, guitar/piano, and a TV on one end. Oh yes, and there is actually a small place on the couch where I sit.

More yarn - at the bottom of the picture is a long box full of yarn.

Shelving I made to hold some things. Dyed eggs, beads, yarn, sewing supplies, quilting and anything else I can put on it.

Where I practice and play my guitar. I took classical guitar lessons for 1-1/2 years. Though I have played the piano my whole life, guitar is a difficult instrument for me but I truly enjoy the songs I play. The guitar is a very personal instrument, you hold it close and it seems the music is coming out from yourself.
Well, I guess I better get to the store and load the car for our camping trip. There's a chance of thunderstorms, and the temps are in the 90's - so instead of camping cabin - it might be cabin fever.
/Bunch

3 comments:

sharon allen said...

I know there is a piano in there somewhere!!!

Bunch's Place said...

Oh did I forget to mention that!! Yes, there is my 6' baby grand piano also in the room - it actually takes up about a fourth of the space. Under the piano are my two dog kennels - forget to add that too.

Unknown said...

Mom,
I don't know of anybody else that can arrange that many items in that amount of space and make it work, and still know what all they have. I have to say I am impressed.