"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July 2010

Sunday, 7-4-10

Today I took Renee' to see the cabin where we will be camping. Also I wanted to do a little fishing. You have to understand that Sunday is the day Renee' really appreciates her rest, but a miracle happened and she agreed to go with me!! We stopped to put gas in the car, then went by the bait/tackle shop so I could renew my fishing license and get some fishing worms and then we were on our way. It's about 35 miles to Lake Mayo, most of it a really nice drive. It was good to see so many American Flags flying at businesses, homes, on flag poles in little towns.

Renee' didn't seem too ecstatic about the appearance of the cabin. We drove to the ranger's station and asked about fishing.


We found a shady spot not far down a path from where we parked the car. After setting up, baiting up my hook, eating some snacks, and Renee' having her Diet Coke, it was obvious that the fish were also on holiday. Renee said that the motor boats had scared the fish away - I believe she is correct.









After a bit longer trying to fish without success, we packed things back in the car and headed home where we would have a 4th of July picnic. For the second time in my life, I cooked on a charcoal grill. First of all "match ready" is false advertising - it is only match-ready after you apply lighter fluid to it!
The hot dogs, hamburgers and BBQ wings were really good. We had our picnic indoors where it was cooler.




A pretty great day for me and Renee'.

Stay tuned - next weekend is our first camping experience. !!!!!!!!


/Bunch

No comments: