"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Mayo Morning

Welcome to my Mayo Day - First time here. My brother Steve comes here quite often, so he wanted to introduce me to the lake.
It was more than I could have imagined.

A cove at Mayo.
I went to Steve's, loaded my K and gear into his car, because his K has to be on rack on his car. First we surveyed the campgrounds - perfect, is all I can say! I had a desire to live near the mountains all my life, but I think I have found a place that satisfies that wish.

Arrived at the lake about 9:15 and were on the water by 10:00.

Steve is definitely in his element!


About noon we took a break on the bank, there was a little tree to mark the spot - sort of like a place where you would tie up your horse. Anyway, we had a snacks, crackers, pretzels, cheese, pistachios, and best of all sweet tarts!




It was a great day.
I'm looking forward to some more adventures with my brother.




On our way back to the boat dock, this motor boat made some pretty bit waves. I'm glad Steve had told me about paddling "into" the waves or I may have been turned over.
On the way back home, we stopped and had a grilled chicken club with fries at Biscuitville. We were home by 3:00.
Humor for today: I bought a pair of binoculars from Cabelas last week, compact and waterproof, but the least expensive they had. Well, I unpacked them, took them outside, and nothing was magnified; in fact, things seemed smaller. I thought, oh well, you pay for what you get. I would have to return them. Today when I went to Steve's house to have coffee before we headed to the lake, I told him about my binoculars that didn't work. He simply said "You may be looking through the wrong side of the lens, Sis." So, I went to the car, got my binoculars and what do you know - things were magnified - DUH -- sometimes I feel just plain ignorant!
I think they call this "Live and Learn"
/Bunch

3 comments:

sharon allen said...

WOW, mom!! i guess you had a 'blond moment!!' I'm glad you had fun with Steve.

Bunch's Place said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bunch's Place said...
This comment has been removed by the author.