"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day

My Daddy's life has been an upstanding example for all of us. We all look to him for advice in life. I have never met anyone who doesn't think he is THE BEST. I could go on and on about him.

As the shirt says "World's Greatest Grandpa" (AND Dad)




Grandaddy with Marilyn and Sharon.










Grandaddy with my daughter, Renee'


Grandaddy with two of my grandchildren, Kearstin and Doug.


Grandaddy with two of my grandchildren, Jessica and Doug










My brother, Steve, explaining how this 'new technology' digital camera works. I remember when the Polaroid was new. Dad is probably thinking - my they've come a long way since my 1949 Ford, oh yeah and pencil and paper - right Dad? (Not that you're getting old or anything!)








Grandaddy holding the newest member of our family, Jeff and Ginny's son, William











Jeff asking Grandaddy for some advice.











This is a portrait of my entire family: my parents, my children and my grandchildren - four generations!











WE ALL LOVE YOU DADDY! Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

Wilton Reardon said...

When I first open the blogg I thought it was about me and father's day (and it was) but then I saw the pictures and realized it was about US. LOVE & THANKS DAD

sharon allen said...

AAAHHHH!!! This is great!!Happy fathers day Grandaddy!!

Unknown said...

happy belated father's day boug!!!! i love ya and all your wise words