"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Monday, May 31, 2010

I DID IT !!!!

May 31, 2010
Yes !! I did it!
I had my first kayaking class - first time in a kayak, first time in a boat on the Eno River - first time wearing a life vest, first time holding a paddle - WOW - I can see many fun, relaxing days in my future!
My kayak should be here tomorrow and unless the weather is not suitable, I will definitely be kayaking somewhere this weekend. I need to practice my strokes and get less tense but I feel rather confident about being able to paddle a kayak on flat water. I am not interested really in sea or white water kayaking. I don't need the excitement. I may one day try fish kayaking if I get the right kind of kayak for that.
So, hope to see you on the water sometimes. /Bunch on my PaintedTurtle kayak

P.S. Two symbols of success for me happened today. Some people might call it their good-luck symbols, but to me it was just a little sign that I was in my element. First, there was a great blue heron fishing at the waterfall in the river - that beautiful bird has been special to me for many years. The second has a shorter history - I recently bought a silver necklace with a dragonfly on it (sort of a kayak symbol) - well, today while in my kayak about 8 dragonflies landed on the bow of my kayak. Just a little personal affirmation, if you will. /Bunch

3 comments:

sharon allen said...

That's WONDERFUL!!!! Can't wait to see you on the water. I would like to try it my self. I think I would do good. It may not hurt my back as much, maybe. That would be quality time together, and we could fish as well. Sharon

Bunch's Place said...

Sounds like a definite plan and I look forward to it!

Unknown said...

that's great ma, me and seth were out there yesterday and saw all the kayak's out there. glad you did it ma. love ya