"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weather and plans

Wednesday, September 1, 2010:
According to the weather forecast, Friday is going to be 99, but then a cold front comes in so the weekend is only going to be in the 80's and the night temperature is going to be in the 50's. Sounds like good tent sleeping weather. Hurricane Earl is threatening the NC coast, but tomorrow afternoon is expect to turn more northward which will reduce the effects on NC. Here we may have some winds but no rain. If Earl does not make more movement to the north, then I don't know what they will forecast.

Tomorrow afternoon when I get off work, I will start preparing the things we need to take, go to the grocery store and make sure I have everything together. Also I'll call the ranger's station to be sure the cabin is not rented to insure that we can arrive early Friday morning. Really looking forward to a restful four days at the cabin.

/Bunch

No comments: