"The dragonfly is symbol of renewal, positive force and the power of life in general; also a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity, a creature of the wind, it represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest"
Initially my blog was about my kayaking adventures - but I have decided to include other events, photos, and day to day activities and thoughts at times. A "Bunch" of stuff. Glad you're here. Your comments are welcome.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The library

Sunday, 8/15/10:
I can't believe I just erased the photos from my camera before I totally transferred them!!!!!
Anyway, I won't let it ruin my day for my memories.

Sharon had called me yesterday and said she might go kayaking and I told her I would wait and see if I was in the mood when I woke up. You know how it is, you wake up, wanting to go back to bed, feeling lazy and all. Well, after coffee and giving it some thought - the dragonfly theory of life, I texted her. "up? kayak?"

My phone rang a little later. (She had texted me but I had not heard the phone beep). We both decided to get over our lazy selves and go kayaking, just to read our books and relax. We would meet at 8:00. I got there a few minutes before the gate opened, soon Sharon came and by 8:20 we were on Crabtree Lake. Sharon had her e-reader (not sure what it's called), and I had my audiobook, listening to a book by Sidney Sheldon. We paddled and floated and paddled and floated. It was a perfect morning, overcast, smooth water but just enough current to keep you floating gently.

We left the lake around 11:00. I went by Sharon's house to see her newly painted kitchen - she should have been a interior designer/decorator - it looks perfect.

I really hate I messed up on the photos. I had taken Sharon's picture on her kayak engrossed in her book, just floating on the lake. I'll get another one next time.

Now, Renee' and I are headed over to mom and dad's for our usual pizza-milkshake Sunday!

later/Bunch

No comments: